At Franklin Art Glass Studios we offer fundamental classes on stained glass. Our class teaches the beginning techniques and fundamentals of stained glass construction. When the class is finished students will have knowledge of both copper foil and lead techniques. This is a fundamental’s class open for all skill levels.
- Introduction and Tour
- Discussion of Materials and Tools
- Introduction to Glass Cutting
- Lead Technique
- “Owl” Project
- Introduction to Foil Technique
- Copper Foil Technique
- “Fan Light” Project
- Discussion of measuring an opening and reinforcement of stained glass
- Lead Technique Project – Leaded Panel approximately 8″x10″ with engraved beveled center
- Course schedule is subject to change with Instructor
- Class Fee: $60.00 (non-refundable)
- Meets FOUR Tuesday EVENINGS
- Class Time: 6-8 p.m. (No guests please)
- Showroom Open (for class only): 5:30-6:00 & 8:00-8:30.
- Minimum age for enrollment in this class is 16 years old.
- Each student must have his or her own tools. A specially discounted tool package will be available for $165.00 (this kit is not required if you have your own tools). The contents of the kit will be discussed the first class evening. Orders for kits and tools will be taken subsequent to the first class.
- Additional materials will also need to be purchased to complete the three projects you will be doing (approximately $85.00 or more).
"I took the stained-glass fundamentals class at Franklin Art Glass, and it was a wonderful experience. The staff was friendly and the class was fun. I learned a valuable new skill and met some lovely people in the process! My pieces are displayed proudly in my home. I’ve even used the techniques I learned to make projects of my own. Definitely worth the value!"
"I took the beginners in stained glass class over 30 years ago! When I took this class it was on a whim and because I found stained glass interesting. But what I found was a longtime hobby and love for stained glass. This class taught me the necessary skills to continue working in stained glass long after the class and even some of the basic skills I needed to work in glass fusing. It was a wonderful experience that impacted me much more than I’d expected."
"First and foremost, I want to say thank you for providing such a great class that helped establish a good foundation from which to grow and expand. I very much enjoyed the class, and thought the information being shared was at an appropriate level for everyone to take away added knowledge. From introduction of the tools & equipment to the progressive projects which provided introduction to the different types of applications/projects, it was great. I found that I was able to absorb everything and have been able to continue to improve my knowledge and skill set with the foundation provided."